Re: Problems with setting face attributes for specific frames

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Problems with setting face attributes for specific frames
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 18:28:55 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
> Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 08:54:56 -0400
>
> Not many packages call `set-face-attribute'.  There are just
> two in Emacs that use it with a frame: ediff-wind.el
> and mac-win.el.  pc-win.el calls it via `set-face-foreground'
> and `set-face-background'.  The obsolete hilit19 package
> calls `set-face-font', but we could delete that.
>
> Kifer, what is ediff-wind.el trying to do, and could it be done in
> another way?
>
> Eli, what is pc-win.el trying to do, and could it be done in
> another way?  Perhaps by changing the deffaces for those faces?

Do I understand correctly that the problem is with pc-win.el's use of
the frame argument to `set-face-fore/background'?  If so, I think we
can easily delete that argument: the only frame that exists when
msdos-face-setup runs is `terminal-frame' so nothing bad will happen.

For the record, what those calls do is set up the standard colors for
some popular faces, notably the colors of the drop-down menus.