Re: GNU Emacs crashes with longlines-mode and outline-mode

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs crashes with longlines-mode and outline-mode
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 10:48:42 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:
> Does this fail for you with the latest sources?

Yes. I've revised the test case below to make it clearer. The problem
seems to occur when the character at point-max is hidden by outline-mode
and has a display text property on it. There seems to be something
peculiar to the way outline-mode hides text that I have missed, as I
haven't managed to eliminate outline-mode from this by setting the
invisible property directly.

-*- mode: text; mode: outline -*-
(put-text-property (- (point-max) 1) (point-max) 'display "X")
Evaluate the above line (C-x C-e), then hide the leaf node below (C-c C-l):

* One chapter

Some text. This line must not end with a newline