Re: Is this patch of gnus/pop3.el reasonable?

From: Stainless Steel Rat
Subject: Re: Is this patch of gnus/pop3.el reasonable?
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 14:16:33 -0400

On Oct 1, 2007, at 2:32 AM, Zhang Wei wrote:
The current version of pop3.el is quite different from that of xemacs,
it still didn't support UIDL command, which is quite urgent to prevent
gnus from fetching the same message repeatedly while messages are kept
on the server.

UIDL does not exist in RFC 1460, the spec that was current when I wrote pop3.el.

I wrote pop3.el because I had a need for it. If you have need of something new then you should write it. That is part of the nature of free software.
--