Re: Simplification of faces

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Simplification of faces
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 18:00:26 -0400

    > If you want it to change only certain attributes and leave the others
    > unchanged, you would need to call frame-attribute to get the values of
    > the other attributes, and perhaps put them into the spec you
    > construct, so as to make sure they won't be altered.

    What does "call frame-attribute" mean? I see no such function in Emacs 22.1.
    Could you please give a more concrete example?

Sorry, I should have written `face-attribute'.

    Assuming I could understand and do what you describe, why would each person
    need to do all of that, just to be able to change a face attribute? Can't we
    have an Emacs function that does exactly that, change certain attributes
    only? What was wrong with `modify-face', for that matter?

I don't mind.