Re: Manual policy (Re: Emacs-devel Digest, Vol 44, Issue 65)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Manual policy (Re: Emacs-devel Digest, Vol 44, Issue 65)
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:46:44 -0400

>> > Recommending GNU arch is dubious considering Arch's poorly-maintained
>> > and poorly-documented state.  If I'm not mistaken, Arch has been
>> > effectively moribund since about 2003.

Let's see what we currently support:

  (RCS CVS SVN SCCS Bzr Git Hg Mtn Arch MCVS)

[with DaRCS being hopefully added soon]
Of those, when starting a new project, I wouldn't want to recommend any one
in particular: they all have their strength and weaknesses.  I don't think
it's our role to pimp one over another.  And given the fact that Emacs
provides no particular support to start a project under either of those VCS
anyway, I think we should simply punt on this issue.

        Stefan