Re: Diff faces

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Diff faces
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 20:52:25 -0400

> BTW, smerge has a key binding `C-c ^ R' to refine differences, but
> diff-mode has `C-c C-b'.  What about using more similar keys like
> `C-c R' for diff-mode?  And maybe also add a special key to refine
> without ignoring whitespace (by setting smerge-refine-ignore-whitespace
> temporarily to nil, or vice versa depending on its customized value)
> and to bind it to e.g. `C-c W' and `C-c ^ W'?

I never use C-c ^ R nor C-c C-b so I have no opinion.
For smerge, I use smerge-auto-refine (not yet installed) which refines
conflicts when you get to them with C-c ^ n.

For diff, I currently use M-x diff-fin TAB RET (yup: I can never get this
C-c C-b into my head) but I'd like to do diff-auto-refine as well.

        Stefan