Re: Emacs-devel Digest, Vol 44, Issue 176

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Emacs-devel Digest, Vol 44, Issue 176
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 23:45:43 +0900

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:
> I don't think the mere plural 'files' effectively conveys the idea
> that these things are treated atomically as a group rather than sliced
> and diced in parallel as in old VC.

Frankly, neither does the term "fileset".  It suggests "set of files", and
says nothing about how they are handled.

The place to make that clear is in the documentation.

-Miles

--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?