Re: isearch multiple buffers

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: isearch multiple buffers
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 03:12:16 -0400

    > isearch-multi.el seems like a better name for the new file.

    This name is too long.

We used to try to support the 14-char limit of some old Unix versions,
but those are all obsolete now.  We have other names which are longer
than that.

    However, isearch-x.el causes name conflicts with international/isearch-x.el.
    So alternative short names are isearchx.el or xisearch.el.

To reduce confusion, it is better to use a name which is more different
from the existing isearch-x.el.

I think isearch-multi.el is the best name to use.