Re: isearch multiple buffers

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: isearch multiple buffers
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:51:33 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> The decision to keep or drop support for msdos 8.3 support should be
>> made based on whether we want to support it, not on whether it's
>> _possible_ to support it.
>
> Who are ``we'', exactly?  Are ``we'' volunteering to invest the
> necessary effort to make the support happen?
>
> And if I'm the only one to volunteer, why should ``we'' bother?

Er, I was arguing for _dropping_ support for msdos, even if continuing
it proves possible.

Of course if continuing support proves _not_ possible (or rather, not
practical), then obviously that's that... :-)

-Miles

--
We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
-Oscar Wilde