Re: buffer order

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: buffer order
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:47:36 +0900

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:
> It would also be good to add some of the regexp and marking/unmarking
> features that Dired has to Buffer List, the equivalent of
> `dired-toggle-marks' and `dired-mark-files-regexp', for instance.
>
> It would also be good to have commands to mark all buffers of a certain type
> (e.g. by mode, time, size, file buffers). You could then, for instance, mark
> all Emacs-Lisp buffers, then unmark a few of them that you don't want to
> search, and so on.

`ibuffer' already has that sort of thing (very well done UI too).

I dunno about buffer re-ordering; ibuffer has "b" (bury-buffer), which
is sometimes useful, but I can't really imagine using the elaborate
system you describe (I very rarely care about the exact ordering of
buffers).

-Miles

--
Fast, small, soon; pick any 2.