Re: isearch multiple buffers

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: isearch multiple buffers
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 01:47:41 +0300

>> Perhaps the best way to specify a set of buffers to search as a unit
>> is with a fileset.
>
> For those of us unfamiliar with that, could someone please summarize what
> that is and how it would work in this context?

See (info "(emacs)Filesets").

We definitely could implement isearch through filesets too, but it seems
defining a fileset just to search though some buffers is not the simplest
way to do this.

Since you suggested to start isearch from the *Buffer List*, you could
compare this method with starting isearch on filesets.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/