Re: Is there a plan to record kbd macro as elisp code?

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Is there a plan to record kbd macro as elisp code?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:54:46 +0200

> Basically, I did these:
> Add a variable (V)kbd-macro-command-history, insert commands into it on ervey
> ocurrence of possible insertion into command-history (that's guarded by
> record_flag), when defining-kbd-macro is on. So it's not complete. You have to
> M-x eval-expression kbd-macro-command-history to see the recorded thing, in
> reverse order. And its length is guarded by history-length.

Thanks for your code!  I see you collect executed commands together
with their arguments into a new list of commands.  This is fine.
But I think it's better to add a new variable `this-command-args'
that contains the arguments of the current command because this variable
could be useful for other purposes as well, and it allows collecting
commands with their arguments in Lisp that improves the flexibility of
this approach.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/