Re: Default of message-send-mail-function

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Default of message-send-mail-function
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 21:07:20 -0400

> Below is a patch (with an earlier version of the function
> `message-send-mail-function').  I will look at the old messages
> tomorrow.  Unless there's a better suggestion, I'll install something
> alone these lines.

How 'bout initializing those vars to nil and then at the use-point
fallback to a heuristic that first tries mailclient, then sendmail,
then smtpmail (or some other order)?

Better yet: turn this var into a list of functions that are tried in turn.
This would make it possible to deal with the problem of window-system which
is not a constant any more.

        Stefan