Re: org-mode, please change the name of function org-metaleft etc

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: org-mode, please change the name of function org-metaleft etc
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:47:57 +0000

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

>   (org-metaleft &optional arg)
>
>   Promote heading or move table column to left.
>
> The function name does not describe what it does. It is of course, as
> Bastien pointed out, quite hard to name this function after that ...

What does this function really?  It operates the action bound to
M-<left> according to the context.  So an appropriate name might
be something like `org-contextual-metaleft'.

I think using `org-metaleft' instead of `org-contextual-metaleft'
is not that confusing, especially because the docstring is clear.

Finding the right level of "description" when naming contextual
commands is tricky, `org-metaleft' isn't a bad trade-off.

--
Bastien