Re: C++ class members completion

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: C++ class members completion
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 21:33:34 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 00:58:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: ring0 <address@hidden>

Is there a reliable module (.el or with recompilation in C++ mode or new one)
allowing Emacs to

- read include files on-the-fly and record classes structure
- parse the code and record objects declarations
- after typing an object (instance of a class) and `.' (or `->' if it can
deduce it is a pointer) and, say, [C-TAB] would suggest the members of the
class (completion)
- perform other operations, like showing class declaration in another window
etc...

Try the Ebrowse package (bundled with Emacs).  It is documented in its
own manual, in case you would like to read about it first.

Maybe it would be good to complement the manuals with a list over known tools of this kind for different languages? Or is there already one?

At the moment I wonder if there is such a tool in Emacs for PHP. I vaugely remember some discussions, but I do not remember the result right now.