Re: New Emacs facilities from Gnus

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: New Emacs facilities from Gnus
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 15:47:56 +0100

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> * dns-mode.el: Already in Emacs 22 as textmodes/dns-mode.el.

But is it in Emacs 21?  I may be mistaken, but I thought Gnus was
intended to work with Emacs 21, and if dns-mode.el is removed, perhaps
it will break.

> * hashcash.el:

How about moving it to lisp/mail/?

> * hmac-def.el: From FLIM (Faithful Library about Internet Message).
>   Used for sasl-*.el.
> * hmac-md5.el: Ditto.
> * md4.el: Ditto.
> * ntlm.el: Ditto.
>
> hmac-def.el:;; Author: Shuhei KOBAYASHI <address@hidden>
> hmac-md5.el:;; Author: Shuhei KOBAYASHI <address@hidden>
> md4.el:;; Author: Taro Kawagishi <address@hidden>
> ntlm.el:;; Author: Taro Kawagishi <address@hidden>
> * sasl.el: Simple Authentication and Security Layer.  From FLIM [1].
> * sasl-cram.el:
> * sasl-digest.el:
> * sasl-ntlm.el:
>
> sasl-cram.el:;; Author: Daiki Ueno <address@hidden>
> sasl-digest.el:;; Author: Daiki Ueno <address@hidden>
> sasl.el:;; Author: Daiki Ueno <address@hidden>
> sasl-ntlm.el:;; Author: Taro Kawagishi <address@hidden>

How about lisp/net?

> * password.el:

I don't care strongly about it, but it was created as a consequence of
finding duplicated code in various places that did something similar.  I
think those code duplications are still present.

/Simon