Re: doc-view cache file permissions

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: doc-view cache file permissions
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 00:53:03 +0100

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Not necessarily, but after the initial C-s, a second C-s can be used
>>> to jump to the next match or a C-r can be used to jump to the
>>> previous one.
>>
>> Sounds good to me, but what would you do to enter an new search
>> phrase?  A prefix arg?
>
> If implementing a complete isearch interface is impossible, it suggest
> using the same interface as used by Info-search (`s' in Info).

I don't see any reason why some isearch-like behavior wouldn't be
possible.  Of course, we cannot highlight of the matches, so another C-s
should jump to the next page with a match instead of the next match
which could be on the same page.

But I really don't like the Info-like search, because you cannot jump
from match to match quickly, or is there some better way than `s RET'?
I like using isearch (or the current doc-view search) for navigation in
files, so jumping quickly forward and backward is a must.

Bye,
Tassilo