Re: recording-elisp.el - try recording commands as elisp code

From: yzhh
Subject: Re: recording-elisp.el - try recording commands as elisp code
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 14:29:17 +0800

Richard Stallman wrote:

> If you offer user choices, I think the only way to make that easy to use
> is to generate output in one way (the default), then let the user point at
> various places in the generated Lisp code and give commands that say
> "generate this function call using a different method".

Users should love this if done properly. One complication is "generate this
sequence of function calls using a different method." I mean we have to
design an intuitive way to indicate the user where he has choices, and
better show what choices he has.

I'd like to discuss this later when I've done a usable default version.
--
   regards,
yzhh