Re: recording-elisp.el - try recording commands as elisp code

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: recording-elisp.el - try recording commands as elisp code
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 02:55:53 -0500

    Slightly off-topic, but this got me wondering if it would be useful
    with a command similar to `checkdoc', something that would scan
    through the code for various "mistakes", suggesting changes. For
    example suggesting `replace-string' to be replaced by the loop
    discussed earlier. Does something like this already exist? I would
    imagine this would be useful to beginning elispers.

I don't know of anything like that interface, but it might be worth a
try.  It could be useful as an interface for various features.