Re: Emacs tramp troubles with old Sun

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Emacs tramp troubles with old Sun
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 11:12:35 +0000 (UTC)

    > but the old Sun still fails with
    >     Couldn't find exit status of `test -e /tmp'

    The patch seems to be OK wrt your echoing shell. However, Tramp
    still tries to apply "test -e", although it's not applicable. This
    is likely because of cached connection properties (see

    Could you, please, remove this file before you start Emacs? Or,
    alternatively, before you're going remote, clear the cache by
    calling "M-x tramp-cleanup-connection RET
    /ssh:address@hidden: RET"?

That succeeded!  I ran tramp-cleanup-connection.  That was the final
problem.  Now I am able to connect to that machine in a different and
more complex fashion.

Thank you!

    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden