minibuffer at the top

From: Suno Ano
Subject: minibuffer at the top
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:41:52 +0000

By default the minibuffer window is at the bottom of a frame (other
windows on top the minibuffer). Is it possible to put the minibuffer at
the top (other windows below)?

,----[ Reason why I am asking ... ]
| Times have changed and nowadays many of us tend to use notebooks. The
| angle between looking at some notebook screen and some workstation
| monitor is different. From my point of view it is much more comfortable
| and healthy to look straight instead of having to "tilt" my head down
| (even bend my whole body) in order to work with the minibuffer when I
| use the notebook.
`----

Having a separate frame[0] for the minibuffer is not an option. From my
point of view, there should be some option to put the minibuffer window
at either the bottom or the top of the frame.

[0] http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki?Dedicated_Minibuffer_Frame