Re: New Emacs facilities from Gnus

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New Emacs facilities from Gnus
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:32:56 -0500

    >     It's very different.  It does completion in a manner similar to
Firefox.
    >     That is, it displays all the possible matches for the text you've
    >     entered in the minibuffer (ranked based on what you've used most and
    >     most recently), and allows you to choose between these.
    >
    > Does this have anything specifically to do with Gnus?

    No, not really.  The only user of the package is Message (that I know
    of).

It sounds like something that could be generally useful.  Does a
package have to be specially written to use this feature, or can it
apply to any and all minibuffer completion operations?

Anyway, it ought to be moved out of `lisp/gnus'.  Could you move it into
the main `lisp' directory?