Re: disappearing custom menu

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: disappearing custom menu
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:47:40 +0100

Dan Nicolaescu wrote:

  >     it seems that the "Custom"
  >     menu in a customize buffer does not work, it disappears after touching
  >     the customize value, the same happens in 22.1...
> > I am not sure what this means.
  > Could you please send us a *precise* test case for this bug?

emacs -Q
M-x customize-variable RET fill-column RET

There should be a "Custom" menu entry in the menu bar.

Click on the "70" text box, now try to click on the "Custom" menu to
open it, it disappears. This happens with both Gtk+ and Athena widgets, with the CVS HEAD and

And with the version I am running on w32 (a bit older).