Re: sh-script beg-end of function

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: sh-script beg-end of function
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 12:39:12 -0500

> However, in this case, making `defun-prompt-regexp' a
> lokal variable away from customization seems not the
> appropriate way. I suggest to let the user decide about
> this regexp and make this decision available for all
> sh-scripts.

If you can give me some examples of other regexps which might be
sometimes (but not always) preferable, send them along.

> Functions don't play the role in sh-scripts as in other
> languages code.

Don't they?  Can you expand on this?

> So it's probably not useful to require
> a "()" in that regexp.

It requires either () or `function'.  That's how the Bash manpage
documents their syntax of functions.

> Can't figure out your solution
> for `end-of-defun-function'.

See the docstring of end-of-defun.  It'll just jump to the closing }.

        Stefan