Re: Emacs 22.1 Windows ClearType Support

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Emacs 22.1 Windows ClearType Support
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:46:30 +0100

I have the habit to do a Cygwin build of Emacs-CVS but recently I have
tried this:
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/auctex/emacs+auctex-w32-2007-07-07.zip, that is a
native Windows build.

Comparing the look of characters, the Windows build looks better than the
Cygwin one: the characters appear antialiased (I have an LCD with
ClearType enabled in Windows XP) while in the Cygwin build they do not
look so well defined.

I ask if one can apply some tricks to have better results also in
the Cygwin build (avoiding GTK that under Cygwin does not work, see
PROBLEMS).

TIA,

   Angelo.

---