wireless.el -- display wireless status on the mode-line

From: Yoni Rabkin Katzenell
Subject: wireless.el -- display wireless status on the mode-line
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:32:38 +0200

Hello,

Attached is a small library to display the status (signal strength,
interface name, etc.) of a GNU/Linux wireless network connection on the
Emacs mode-line. I'm sending it in to the list in hopes that people will
find it useful. I find it an excellent companion to battery.el on my
laptop.

It is implemented by parsing the /proc/net/wireless file found on some
GNU/Linux systems with a working wireless interface.

It can also be downloaded via Darcs with:

$ darcs get http://yrk.nfshost.com/repos/wireless