control-lock.el - give your pinky a rest

From: Craig Muth
Subject: control-lock.el - give your pinky a rest
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 16:40:29 -0800 (PST)

I've posted control-lock.el to the emacswiki:

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/ControlLock

It is sort of like caps-lock but for the control key.  You type a sequence to enable it and it behaves as though you're holding control down until you type ' to exit.

I'm interested in getting some feedback.  I've wanted to implement this for a long time and am finding it very useful so far.

Two problems I've noticed: The default key to enable it (C-,) doesn't work in a console.  I'm thinking M-l might be a decent alternative key.  And the way I currently show it as being enabled (changing the cursor to an underscore) I'm guessing doesn't work in terminal mode either.  Any suggestions about a better way to show that it's enabled?

--Craig