Getting information about an error

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Getting information about an error
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 02:56:01 +0100

I am trying to get information about an error that happens during fontification. I have something like this

      (condition-case err
          (funcall major)
         (mumamo-display-error 'mumamo-funcall-major "%s: %s"
                               (error-message-string err)))))

This writes the error to a log buffer, but I only get the name of the error (which is "Wrong type argument: stringp, nil"). I would need a traceback from inside that (funcall major). Is there a way to get that?