Re: saveplace: don't ask for coding system

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: saveplace: don't ask for coding system
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 21:31:32 +0000

On 2 Dec 2007, at 21:26, Karl Fogel wrote:

        Offer option for saveplace to be quiet about loading and saving.
        Suggested by: David Reitter <dreitter{_AT_}inf.ed.ac.uk>

That is not what I suggested. I wanted a global customization option that would allow users to specify a "log level", and a change to `message' to take the log level into account.

It is overkill to add countless extra options to every package to make it shut up. You're not doing users a favor.

Are you committing changes to 22.x? The save-place file coding seems like a bug to me and I would welcome a fix for it in the 22 branch as well.