Re: saveplace: don't ask for coding system

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: saveplace: don't ask for coding system
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 06:18:04 +0200

> From: Karl Fogel <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 15:23:17 -0800
> Cc: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>, emacs-devel <address@hidden>
>
> > Are you committing changes to 22.x? The save-place file coding seems
> > like a bug to me and I would welcome a fix for it in the 22 branch as
> > well.
>
> Sure, I can port the coding-system change over to the EMACS_22_BASE
> branch

But please, do not use utf-8 on the EMACS_22_BASE branch: it doesn't
support several character sets that EMACS_22_BASE still uses.  (I
don't know why you disregarded discussions of this for the changes on
the trunk, but since the trunk will not be released before the unicode
merge, maybe that's okay.)