Re: Proposed function: x-display-usable-bounds

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Proposed function: x-display-usable-bounds
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 15:34:57 +0300

On Dec 3, 2007 12:40 PM, Jan Djärv <address@hidden> wrote:

> The implementation for KDE and Gnome could easily be done in elisp.  Does your
> patch handle multiple desktops/screens?

For the Cocoa port (unsure about Carbon), screens throughout are
currently considered separate display areas; dimensions reported for
this and other x-display- functions correspond to the screen the frame
being asked about is on, or the main screen (where menubar and dock
are) if this information is not given.  (Other behaviors are possible,
but not necessarily preferable.)

> > http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=2CE05DE2-B276-4F80-918B-9C1A28DF169A%40gmail.com&forum_name=emacs-app-dev-
> >

> ERROR

I think this was a transient server condition -- link just worked for
me after logging out of sourceforge.

> Isn't that the duty of the window manager?

On the Mac (or GNUstep) there is no auto-placement of windows.