Re: D-Bus integration into Emacs

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: D-Bus integration into Emacs
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 22:41:53 +0100

Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

>> It doesn't compiler under NetBSD, as D-Bus is installed under /usr/pkg
>> instead of /usr.  How about this patch?  It makes configure use
>> pkg-config to find the proper compiler and linker flags.
>
> You should make that something like:
>
>   PKG_CHECK_MODULES(DBUS, dbus-1 >= 1.1, HAVE_DBUS=yes, HAVE_DBUS=no)
>
> or whatever version is required (FWIW, I have dbus in /opt on some machines).

      PKG_CHECK_MODULES(DBUS, dbus-1 >= 1.0, HAVE_DBUS=yes, HAVE_DBUS=no)

seems to fit best. I've developped with D-Bus 1.0, and this is the
stable version distributed since Nov 2006.

D-Bus 1.1 is a developer version. D-Bus 1.2, the next stable version, is
expected to be released soon. Its new features shall be visible as
subfeatures of dbus.el, still providing backwards compatibility to D-Bus 1.0.

Magnus, it's your patch. I believe it is worth to be installed.

>       Jan D.

Best regards, Michael.