Re: desktop.el: autosave?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: desktop.el: autosave?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 05:10:39 -0500

    > Where did the idea come from that desktop.el saves minibuffer history?

    desktop.el allows saving any global variable listed in the option
    `desktop-globals-to-save'.  I use it to save history lists in addition
    to the default global variables in this list.

Yes, you could use it for that, but desktop doesn't have a feature which
actually duplicates savehist.

    > The real duplicates in that area are saveplace.el and desktop.el.

    desktop.el saves file positions restored once the whole desktop is restored
    while positions stored by saveplace.el get restored on every file visit.

I see.  It would be nice to document that contrast in both files.
Could you do that?