Re: Speeding up vc-dired still more

From: Alexandru Harsanyi
Subject: Re: Speeding up vc-dired still more
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:53:26 +0900

On 27 Dec 2007, at 11:52 PM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>:
That will show  1000 calls to vc-bzr-registered, vc-git-registered,
vc-arch-registered, vc-svn-registered etc etc.

Not any more.  I've added a check against
completion-ignored-extensions, encapsulated in a new function called
vc-dired-ignorable-p.

Perhaps `vc-dired-ignorable-p' should be a backend function (vc- BACKEND-dired-ignorable-p). I'm thinking that the CVS backend could look at .cvsignore for the list of files to ignore, the SVN backend at .svnignore, and so on. This way, Emacs will ignore the same set of files as the VC backend would ignore when used in command line mode.

Alex.