Re: Log messages in CVS

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Log messages in CVS
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 14:12:44 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Eli,

> This fragment from "cvs log":

[...]

> indicates that several files were committed with one "cvs ci" command,
> which is (AFAIK) against the Emacs development policies.

Oh, I think I did that a few days ago, too, unless PCL-CVS commits each
file separately if many are marked.  What are the pros of committing
each file separately?  I can only see the drawback that with that
convention inconsistent states are introduced in the repository, if the
changes of one file depend on changes in another file.

Anyway, where can I read up the emacs development policies?  I grepped
the whole source tree for "cvs c" or "commit" but couldn't find
something relevant.

Bye,
Tassilo