Re: linum.el?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: linum.el?
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 04:50:00 -0500

    > What happens if you enable Glasses mode and Font Lock mode?
    > Do they manage to both work together using jit-lock?

    Yes, of course,

Interesting.  In that case, I agree that linum.el can also share this
mechanism.

I think we need to document this mechanism prominently in the Lisp
Manual.  jit-lock-register is not mentioned there at all.  Can you
write some text which is accurate?  Then I could polish it up for the
Lisp Manual.