RE: `Q' in Dired - be able to skip the rest of one file and move on to t

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: `Q' in Dired - be able to skip the rest of one file and move on to the next
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 08:17:57 -0800

> So perhaps a new query-replace command, like "N" could be added, that
> skips the rest of the file, but continues prompting in the next file?
> For normal query-replace usage it would be equivalent to "q", but that
> seems OK...

That's what I was thinking of.

But the use case Richard raised is also useful - it avoids needing to quit,
unmark, and resume.

Perhaps there could be two different keys, one to skip to the next file and
the other to unmark this file and skip to the next.

More or less the same thing applies to `A', I think. But the UI is
different, so the solution might be different.