Re: `Q' in Dired - be able to skip the rest of one file and move onto th

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: `Q' in Dired - be able to skip the rest of one file and move onto the next
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:32:35 +0200

> Even so, it might not be bad to provide a key to skip to the next file
> without exiting query-replace.

Another problem I have with `Q' is that it requires typing `!' in every
file to replace all occurrences.  So if I want to replace all occurrences
in ALL marked files at once without a query, I need typing `!' as many times
as there are marked files.

Maybe, when started by `Q', query-replace should apply `!' to all marked files,
and a new key `Y' should replace all remaining occurrences in the current file,
and a new key `N' should skip the current file as Miles has already proposed.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/