Re: 23.0.50; tool bar icons disappear in customize buffers

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; tool bar icons disappear in customize buffers
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 13:04:43 +0100

On Sat, Jan 05 2008, martin rudalics wrote:

>>>I can't tell because tool-bars are displayed here.
[ Sorry, I miss-read this as "aren't", so this didn't make sense: ]
>> You could try with "emacs -Q -xrm 'Emacs.toolBar:1'" ;-)

> I meant that switching to a customization buffer did _not_ turn off the
> tool-bar on my system.  Hence, making seems to install different values
> on our systems.  Maybe this is also the cause that people didn't react
> to your initial report.

Ah, I wasn't aware of this.  Anyhow it might be useful if someone
simply responds "can't reproduce this".

>>>But you could verify your claim by using something like the untested
>>>patch I attached.
>>
>> The patch fixed the problem.  Thanks.
>
> Thanks to you for finding the cause of this.

Did I? ;-) Are you saying that my speculation "Is this code evaluated
at compile time (when `display-graphic-p' returns nil?)?" was correct?

> If no one objects I'll install.

Thanks.

Bye, Reiner.
--