Re: Git VC commands on remote file via Tramp

From: André Cruz
Subject: Re: Git VC commands on remote file via Tramp
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 10:46:38 +0000

Hello Michael.

On 2008/01/08, at 20:18, Michael Albinus wrote:

Shall be fixed now. I did need to patch both vc-git.el and tramp.el.

Are you sure? I just did a checkout of the latest emacs cvs which has your changes to vc-git.el and tramp.el and I get the same error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No fileset is available here.")
  signal(error ("No fileset is available here."))
  error("No fileset is available here.")
  vc-deduce-fileset()
  vc-print-log()
  call-interactively(vc-print-log nil nil)

Here is the log.

Also... Will I be able to backport these changes to 22.1? I work on an OSX machine and there is no Carbon support on the latest 23.0

Thanks for the help,
André Cruz