Re: rng-auto.el seems to be missing from nxml-mode files

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: rng-auto.el seems to be missing from nxml-mode files
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 00:09:05 +0100

Jason Rumney wrote:
Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
Maybe. I think there must be some reason that JK placed this in a hook, but I don't know what it is.

But what about the auto-coding stuff? Did you find some solution to that too? Maybe that could be used by html-mode/xml-mode as well?
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think the auto-coding stuff just duplicates what is already done in sgml-xml-auto-coding-function. Maybe there are some improvements we can make to sgml-xml-auto-coding-function based what nxml does though, so it is worth comparing them before discarding the nxml version completely.

I took a quick look. It does not seem like find-auto-coding uses sgml-xml-auto-coding-function. How is that then handled on file reading?

I think nxml-mode checks coding both on reading and writing.