Re: RFC: status icon support

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: RFC: status icon support
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 10:45:23 -0700

>>>>> "Ulrich" == Ulrich Mueller <address@hidden> writes:

Ulrich> Would it be possible to add an explicit option
Ulrich> --with{,out}-libnotify to configure, so that this feature can
Ulrich> be switched on or off at compile time? I think the same
Ulrich> arguments as for D-Bus support [1] apply here.

Sure.  I wrote the needed change, but I think I will wait for other
feedback on the patch rather than posting an updated version
immediately.

Ulrich> [1] See thread "D-Bus integration into Emacs" from beginning of
Ulrich> December, e.g. the following message:
Ulrich> <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-12/msg00189.html>

I read this thread.  RMS says that the default should be to have dbus
enabled, here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-12/msg00308.html

But in configure.in, the default is to have dbus disabled:

EMACS_ARG_Y([dbus],[use D-Bus])

Could someone change that to EMACS_ARG_N?

Tom