Re: RFC: status icon support

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: RFC: status icon support
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:26:24 -0500

    As you can see from the message cited above the discussion was not about
    changing what we have now, but about what to do with new code.

K&R definitions are ok in new code.  They have always been ok.

Until a couple of years ago I insisted on K&R style function
definitions.  Then I decided to accept ANSI style also, but that is as
far as we have gone.

I don't want to reconsider the question at this time,
because there are many other more important things to do
than reconsider this.