Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:17:56 +0900

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:
>  > Certainly his comparison will be welcome input, and perhaps a good
>  > starting point for more substantive discussion.
>
> Starting point?  More substantive?  Entire version control systems have
> probably been written in less time than we've spent discussing them.

Hey, if I was in control, we would have switched loooooong ago.
Certainly there's been no lack of people advocating change.

In any case, what choice do we have?  Currently there seem to be three

    1) We don't want for Eric's report, and discuss what to do without it.

    2) We wait for the report, and use it as starting-point to discuss
       what to do.

    3) We wait for the report, and just accept whatever conclusions it
       comes to, without discussion.

Option (3) is clearly unacceptable.

I personally feel there's enough expertise on this list to make (1)
viable, but as others have expressed a desire to see what Eric says, and
as a concise summary of the issues might help those who are unfamiliar
with them, (2) seems like the best option.

-Miles

--
Laughter, n. An interior convulsion, producing a distortion of the features
and accompanied by inarticulate noises. It is infectious and, though