Re: Printing on M$

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Printing on M$
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:29:04 +0000

dhruva wrote:
Hi,

On Jan 21, 2008 11:44 AM, dhruva <address@hidden> wrote:
I am exploring the GDI interface and seems quite structured (compared
to other things on M$)

Do I concentrate on getting RAW text printing using GDI interfaces? I
have written a small tool from which I can get the printer selection
dialog box (with default printer selected) and print the file I have
given from the command prompt. I am in the process of adding page
break support and that should make a working command/code.

That could be a useful interim solution as a substitute for the "print" command, which is not available on some versions of Windows. If it could send postscript files directly to printers that can support them, and reject them with a warning dialog otherwise then we could use it for ps-print too.