Re: "Position Parameters" in lispref/frames.texi

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: "Position Parameters" in lispref/frames.texi
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:30:27 -0500

         The value may be a positive number POS, or a list of the form `(+
         POS)' which permits specifying a negative POS value.

    What? (+ POS) permits a negative POS value?

Yes.  There are actually two "signs" to specify here:
which edge to count from, and which direction to count in.
A positive number positions the frame left from the screen left.
(+ POSITION) positions the frame left from the screen left,
a and POSITION may be negative.

A negative number positions the frame right edge from the screem right.
(- POSITION) also positions the frame right edge from the screem right,
and allows POSITION to be negative.

    I propose just removing these confusing parts. It reads much better
    without them.

If it is confusing, we should clean it up, but just discarding
this information is not a solution.