Re: 23.0.50; url-generic-parse-url returns extra element

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; url-generic-parse-url returns extra element
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 02:08:11 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:
url-generic-parse-url now adds an extra element cl-struct-url at the
beginning of the vector returned. To see this evaluate
(url-generic-parse-url "http://www.no.se/";)
In what way is it a problem?
I am using the TYPE value in the returned vector and need to know
where it is.
How 'bout using `url-type' ?

Hm, guess that this mysterious beast can do the job if you say so. But what
is it? Where is it defined? C-h f says it is defined in url-parse.el, but it
hides somewhere there where I can't see it.

It's defined along with all other accessor (and setter) functions in the
`defstruct' form in url-parse.

I see, thanks. But this is definitively hard to find. Too hard for the help functions at the moment.

Wouldn't it be good if the help functions could find that definition? The only way I can see that can be done is that the macro defstruct is made a bit helpful. Or is there any other way?