Re: Change grep -> lgrep, rgrep in Tools menu?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Change grep -> lgrep, rgrep in Tools menu?
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:05:05 +0100

William Xu wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

But is not the menus supposed to be more for those that are not advanced
users? I would guess that not all beginners are familiar with
grep. Using lgrep or rgrep would probably be easy for them though.

I know grep well, but never used the other two. I actually don't know
what they do.

Also, consider the availability, on my macosx,
| zen:~$ lgrep
| bash: lgrep: command not found
| zen:~$ rgrep
| bash: rgrep: command not found