Re: Changes to emacs/lisp/ChangeLog,v

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Changes to emacs/lisp/ChangeLog,v
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 09:38:36 +0900

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:
> I think you deleted the wrong duplicate entries here - it should have
> been the 2008-02-02 ones that went. I think Vinicius was one of the
> few people making changes on both trunk and unicode-2 by hand. (Just
> to make it more fun, I don't know if some changes were only made on
> unicode).

I didn't delete those by hand, the "2008-02-02 entries" came from the
unicode branch (where they originally had a date roughly similar to the
trunk entries), and I had removed the redundant trunk entries when
previously merging the trunk into the unicode branch.

You're right that arguably the trunk entries should win in such a case,
but I doubt it really matters all that much.  If somebody wants to clean
such things up, go ahead, I guess...

> Also, aren't your log entries off by a day? It was 2008-02-01 UTC when
> you made the merge.

Whoops, I didn't realize the Emacs ChangeLogs were set up to use UTC.

> Another oddity: vc-bzr.el certainly wasn't newly installed today, but
> the original changelog entry seems to be missing. Probably a pre-merge
> problem.

Dunno.

-Miles

--
Bacchus, n. A convenient deity invented by the ancients as an excuse for
getting drunk.