Re: Emacs CVS And VM Breakages

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs CVS And VM Breakages
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:03:34 -0500

> In general things felt sufficiently broken to cause me to roll back.

Well, this *is* "in development bleeding edge" code,

        Stefan

Miles> "T. V. Raman" <address@hidden> writes:
>>> I reverted to CVS version of Feb 1, and all of the
>>> problems I reported earlier e.g. VM losing the body of a
>>> message on sending have disappeared.
Miles>
Miles> The internal representation of non-ASCII text in Emacs
Miles> has changed (it is now based on a superset of utf8,
Miles> rather than the old "emacs-mule" encoding).
Miles>
Miles> My recollection (from years past though) is that VM
Miles> has historically been a bit flaky about handling
Miles> non-ASCII text, so it's not surprising such a change
Miles> would expose bugs in VM.  I'd suggest contacting the
Miles> VM maintainer.
Miles>
Miles> -Miles
Miles>
Miles> -- Witch, n. 1, an ugly and repulsive old woman in a
Miles> wicked league with the Devil; 2, a beautiful and
Miles> attractive young woman in wickedness a league beyond
Miles> the Devil.